One thing that binds our TSS Photography family together is our dedication to looking toward the future. Our use of technology to erase the pain points during each stage of the process – photography sessions, photo orders, and delivery – is just one of the ways you can see that dedication.
With the holiday season behind us and a new year already in full swing, we’re looking back on 2018 and reviewing our proudest moments. Don’t worry, it won’t take long. Then, we’ll focus on the future and share things we’re looking forward to in 2019.
Honored to be Selected
It’s both humbling and rewarding when we’re noticed for the things we’re doing right as a franchise. In 2018, the first honors were announced early, and we were proud as they kept coming throughout the year. Those honors include:
- 2018 Top Franchise by Franchise Business Review – This was the 13th annual ranking of the top 200 award-winning franchise opportunities. Franchise Business Review chooses the winners after conducting thorough independent research surveys of current franchise owners. Learn more by reading the announcement blog post.
- 2018 Top Franchise by Entrepreneur – The competitive 39th annual Franchise 500 chosen by Entrepreneur selected us as one of their top franchises. It was our fifth year in a row to receive this honor. Jason Feifer, the editor in chief of Entrepreneur said, “Our results show that the industry is strong – and that the most enduring franchisors are those who learn to balance innovation with reliability.” Read more about it on our blog.
- Ranked 15th in the 2018 Military Times Annual Franchise Ranking – We’re dedicated to serving military veterans and this honor from the Military Times means so much to us. The rankings consider the entire business from culture and overall franchising costs to military discounts and non-financial supports. Find out more in this blog post.
- Rated as a 3-Star Franchise from VetFran – The STAR program rating system is three-tiered, and once again, we’re honored to be included. VetFran was created in the early 1990s to provide access to franchise opportunities for veterans and their. The ranking program helps veterans have a clearer picture of which franchises provide the best opportunities for their family. Learn more here.
- Named among the Top 80 Franchises for Veterans by Franchise Business Review – As mentioned under the first award, Franchise Business Review does independent research surveys of franchise owners. They analyzed more than a year’s worth of data from more than 26,000 veterans regarding their satisfaction with their franchise and willingness to recommend it to others. Find out more about the award here.
- Franchise owner Lindsay Verdun named a “Rockstar” by Franchise Business Review – Out of the more than 27,000 surveys completed by Franchise Business Review, only a few hundred franchise owners were considered among the best of the best. In the end, they narrowed the field to only 50 people and Lindsay Verdun of Peoria, Ill., was named among them. See what she said about her experience as a franchise owner after the announcement.
“TSS is extremely honored to have received such positive recognition. We could not have achieved this much without our truly caring staff and extended franchise family,” Alison Counts, director of marketing said. “We’re constantly thinking about how to make our services better and how to make TSS a better business for our owners. We created the gold-standard for high-volume photography and continue to strive for excellence. We capture memories for our clients and create fond memories for our owners. It’s a great feeling and we’re looking forward to the years ahead.”
But Wait, There’s More!
If you’ve met anyone from TSS, you know we’re proud of more than the awards and honors received during 2018. We’re most proud of the relationships we share – both between franchisor and franchisee and among the franchisees.
This relationship is evident when reviewing the results of the survey conducted by Franchise Business Review.
One of the eight areas discussed in the survey is community and support. TSS ranked 11 percent higher than the benchmark in how well the franchisees support each other and 19 percent higher when discussing fellow franchise owners support of the leadership and management.
When you talk to our TSS franchisees about what matters most to them, you’ll continue to see how important relationships are to our team. Of the top five values mentioned in the blog post, a trusting relationship and dedication to partnership both appeared.
We’re proud of what we believe in and the ideals we stand for every day. We’re proud of what we were made of in 2018 and we look forward to who we can become together in 2019.
Ready or Not, Here We Come
Whether the new year is prepared for us or not, it’s here and we’re excited to continue moving forward and discovering all the great things we can achieve.
“TSS has a lot of goals for the coming year and we’ll be unveiling new products and services.” Counts said. “We want customers to think of us when they have photo, spirit, and décor needs. We love supporting our communities and helping with efforts such as fundraising. Images stay available for more than 10 years so clients have every opportunity to create something they want when they need it. Fostering our national relationships is something we continue to do. As always, we continue to support our owners and to meet their high standards.”
Do these goals sound like something you’re interested in learning more about? Your dreams of creating your own business or making a living taking photos could be closer than you’ve imagined. Take the first step and contact us today. We’re always looking for excited and dedicated people to join our team.